When I first started at ACS the office closed whenever the Sioux Falls Public schools closed, just to stay consistent. In December the closing guidelines were changed so that two people in our office decide when to close and when not to. This morning the Sioux Falls Public schools were closed and on my drive to work I was thinking how great it would be if our office was closed. I had so much stuff sitting at home that I haven't been able to catch up on lately. This weekend we went back to Clark for my nephew's first birthday party, Monday I was having stomach issues and spent the evening on the bathroom floor, and yesterday I just wanted some time relaxing with my husband! So this morning I was wishing for a free day at home to catch up. When I got to work I found that one of the ladies that has the power to close the office decided that we would be closed today. Yippee! I was so excited, I didn't even mind that I had already gotten ready for work and been there for an hour when the decision was made. I went straight home and made a list (I'm a list person) and started crossing things off. I am happy to say that everything is finished and it's only 4:00pm! This means I can now work on some of those boxes that we haven't quite unpacked yet and get supper made before Neil's home at 6pm.
Here's what I proudly accomplished today:
-pictures (finally) hung in our bedroom
-entire house dusted
-bathroom cleaned
-kitchen counters cleared off
-ALL the dishes done AND put away
-garbage taken out
-kitchen swept
-all the laundry washed, folded, AND put away
-Brownie's spilled dog food swept up
-fridge cleared out of leftovers
I was even able to have lunch with my husband and take an hour nap, Brownie very nicely curled up at the foot of the bed and remained quiet the entire hour!
In the middle of getting all of this done it struck me that God is once again looking out for me. Just this morning I had been thinking and praying for a day off because I have been unable to take any time off since the other Community Relations Support quit and they haven't hired a new one yet. Sioux Falls schools never close and the weather's not even that bad, yes it's cold, but it's SD. I had gotten to work just fine and we could have easily stayed open, but we didn't. All of this I have to thank Him for. He knew I needed a catch up day and only He could have made it happen for me. So once again I am in awe and so very, very thankful.
That is awesome! I'm so glad that you could have that day at home and I am IMPRESSED with everything you accomplished! Hugs to you and I hope you are feeling well now.
ReplyDelete