A couple days ago I was having one of those days; a day where you just want to lay in bed with the blanket over your head and not face the world. I felt like I was moving through the entire day like a robot. When I got home in the evening I didn’t know what to do. My husband’s typically very chatty when he gets home from work and would notice if I wasn’t and I really didn’t want to talk about what was going on. I know my husband’s amazing, but sometimes he still surprises me. When he got home he sat with me on the couch with his arms around me, not saying a word. We sat like that for a long time until finally he suggested that I go take a shower to relax and then we could lie in bed and watch TV. He started the shower for me and when I stepped out of the shower there was a glass of red wine sitting on the counter for me. After I was ready for bed I went downstairs and found him just coming inside from taking Brownie out. I went and gave him a hug and simply said thank you. It amazes me each day how much this man knows me and understands me when I don’t even understand myself. Days like that I’m reminded how much God has blessed me and how thankful I am that He brought Neil into my life. Some days I need that reminder, this past week I have needed it daily, and I just want my husband to know how much I love and appreciate him and how thankful I am for him.
:) Love you, sis, and hope the day is past and your days are better now.
ReplyDelete